Location Odometer Reading Time arrived/Departed
Leaving Potsdam Departure 53741 6:37 am Departure
New York/Pennsylvania Border 53969 11:17 am Arrive
Pennsylvania/Maryland Border 54201 3:00 pm Arrive
Maryland/West Virgina Border 54213 3:33 pm Arrive
West Virgina/ Virgina Border 54239 4:02 pm Arrive
Virginia/ Nana's House (Williamsburg) 54433 7:32 pm Arrive
Nana's House Departure 54433 8:48 am Depart
Nana's House/North Carolina Border 54553 10:53 am Arrive
North Carolina/South Carolina Border 54734 1:20 pm Arrive
South Carolina Border/ Florence, SC 54787 2:00 pm Arrive
Florence, SC Departure 54787 10:18 am Departure
Florence,SC/Georgia Border 54962 2:15 pm Arrive
(Savanna is on the Georgia border.) (Subtract 40 minutes for lunch)
Part 1: How Many Miles Did we Drive in each state?
1. Potsdam to the Pennsylvania Border?
HINT: New York/Pennsylvania Odometer Reading Minus the Potsdam Odometer Reading
2. Pennsylvania to the Maryland Border?
3. Maryland to the West Virgina Border?
4. West Virgina to the Virgina Border?
5. Virginia Border to Nana's House?
6. How many miles did we drive on Day 1?
7. Nana's House to the North Carolina Border?
8. Miles driven in Virginia?
HINT: Add Question 5 and 7 together.
9. North Carolina to South Carolina Border?
10. South Carolina Border to Florence, SC?
11. Florence, SC to Georgia?
12. How many miles were driven in South Carolina?
HINT: Add Questions 10 and 11 together.
13. How many miles were driven all 3 days?
HINT: Take the Georgia Mileage and subtract the Potsdam Mileage.
PART 2: TIME
1. How long did we spend driving from Potsdam to Nana's House?
2. How long did it take driving from Nan's House to Florence?
3. How long did it take from Florence to Savannah? (Don't forget to subtract lunch.)
4. How long did we spend in the car to get to Savanna from Potsdam?
PART 3: Mileage and Gas
Given the following:
- $51.40 to fill the car
- 14.282 Gallons of gas to fill the car
- 314.6 Miles driven since the last fill.
HINT: Miles driven since the last fill divided by Gallons of gas to fill the car.
2. How much did we pay for a gallon of gas?
HINT: Cost to fill the car divided by gallons of gas to fill the car.